Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cheesecake Lovin' at Starbucks

Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake

One lazy evening, while waiting for my sweet, I decided to stay at a coffee shop to pass the time. Gazing at the cakes and patries in the display case, a certain cheesecake was calling out to me. 'Eat me..,' it told me. So I willingly followed the imaginary voice in my head and ordered the caramel apple pie cheesecake. You might think I'm a wacko but I wouldn't care as long as I have my cheesecake. The dense cake has three layers, first, a very thin layer of graham crust that gives a slightly grainy but soft texture to the cake. Second, the sweet apple pie filling that I'm not really fond of. In the middle is the tangy caramel cheesecake that is dense and creamy and wonderfully soft like my memory-foam pillow (that might be a weird comparison, but hey don't judge me, I love my pillow! ;p). It is topped with what I can only call a crumble (a mixture of flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon). If only I had a whole cake of this heavenly stuff, I wouldn't mind waiting for half a day! (although it would be a lot nicer to be shared with my sweet)

Chocolate-glazed doughnut (with a so-so taste)

(Hmm, I actually forgot the name of this pastry. It's yummy but nothing special about it though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment