Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Speck



Can you see what I'm pointing at in the picture above? (I'm the one in the blue shirt, by the way) I was pointing at my friends who are at the bottom of the mountain on the left. Pretty small, huh? Can you also see the mountains, valleys and rivers beyond the mountain I'm standing on? Amazing view, right? That's the wonderful creation of our creator and I felt so small seeing it all. I am nothing but a speck.

This is Di, my fellow mountaineer

We are all specks in this world.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him?" -- Psalm 8:3-4

Oftentimes, we see ourselves bigger than anything else in this world. Even bigger than God! This leads us to our independence from Him. Our success, prosperity or luxuries we experience in life would sometimes lead us to be blinded from the sight of God. But what are we compared to God's creations? Seeing the mountains, the plants, animals and the sky, we look so tiny compared to it. But still, God loves us. So much that even if we are sinners Jesus still died for us on the cross.

Today, I am reminded. A dear friend once told me that not all material blessings are blessings from God. The enemy can make it a weapon for us to break away from God. If God takes away something from us, let us be thankful because He is reminding us to turn to Him again. Isn't God wonderful? It gives me the assurance that He will never leave us and that His love is unconditionally true. Having taken something from my life, I am humbled. Once again, this is His way to tell me He should be in control in my life and that I am small. So let us not lose sight of God.

Lord, thank you for this reminder. Please guide me as I restart my journey in knowing you more. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment