Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Best Egg Tart found in Lord Stow's Bakery

Eggs, milk and sugar.. These are the little treasures in life that makes life sweeter. Combine them together to create a soft, silky and oh so smooth custard nestled on a flaky rich crust and topped with sugar that has been caramelized using a blow torch then you'd have the perfect egg tart.

And nowhere else in the metro can find this perfect gem but in Lord Stow's Bakery. We happen to pass by Lord Stow's bakery when we were food tripping in Banawe and I just had the sudden craving for their egg tart.


Although I am not a fan of egg pies that are brought home as pasalubongs, I am a big fan of this egg tart. I remember those "pasalubong egg pies" that have a thin dark brown toasted layer on the top which is not appealing to me. Lord Stow's egg tarts have this almost-burnt caramelized sugar that gives a creme brulee feeling.


I remember my attempt at making an egg pie at home since my aunt requested me to make her one. It was luscious but it turned out to taste like leche flan on a crust. Too much sugar, oops! Looking at these pictures make me think that I need not arm myself with an apron to bake one, I'll just leave it to the experts. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment