Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Old-school-like Treats at Stick House

Popsicles are one of the all-time faves of my youth. Even up until now, my sister loves eating Twin Popsies in the middle of the night. And who would've thought of putting gelato on a stick? Evidently, the owner of Stick House of course.

Stick House's display of variety of flavors

This innovative use of gelato and a popsicle stick has its price. It sells for 80 bucks a piece and additional for half or full toppings plus the chocolate dip. In my opinion, their price is a bit steep.


My gelato on a stick beside a picture of a gelato on a stick

At first bite, I was pretty amazed on what I found. The texture of this gelato is unlike no other. The texture was like of a popsicle (e.g. Twin Popsies) but the taste was purely gelato goodness. I was really curious to see how the stick was able to hold the gelato and I discovered that they infused the popsicle's mouth feel and the creaminess of gelato. It melted in my mouth with its rich chocolate taste that is very dense.

A surprisingly good first-bite

Their stick was even engraved with their name on it. How cool is that?

Proof that I liked my gelato on a stick

No comments:

Post a Comment