Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Unlimited Happiness at Haagen Dazs!



What better way to melt all the sadness away than to eat lots and lots of scoops of Haagen-Dazs ice cream! One hot Saturday evening after our pre-climb meeting (in preparation for our Batad Banaue trip), my friend and I headed to Haagen-Dazs in Megamall for their all-you-can-eat ice cream. It wasn't really a smart move since we were going hiking the week after (who would want to lug around all those pounds on the mountain!) but we were admittedly down on the dumps that day so we decided to treat ourselves. =)


They only have one requirement when taking their all-you-can-eat ice cream, it's that you have to finish a scoop of their featured flavor. In our case, it was the Dark Chocolate Orange. This creamy goodness gives the pleasantly not-too-bitter dark chocolate flavor with orange zests. At my first taste, I can already tell the difference of their luscious ice cream. It's denser, creamier and the flavors just melt into your mouth in harmony. The scoops are even generous enough to satisfy one's craving.


Their flavors are simple like macademia, carmel, strawberry, mango, cookies and cream, midnight cookies and cream etc. so you won't have a hard time deciding what flavors to choose. Although if you're adventurous with flavors like me, you won't find anything exotic here like dark chocolate chili (sol gelato has it and it's oh so good! but that's another post..).


They also have flavors that are repetitive like they have macademia and macademia crunch. Those two are different but couldn't they at least create a more unique flavor? I think they also have two kinds of strawberry flavor. I have to ask my friend, she's a strawberry ice cream fan.


I'm undecided yet as to what's my favorite flavor of Haagen-Dazs. It was my first time to try it so maybe I need to explore their flavors some more (bet my wallet wouldn't agree on that). All of it was pretty yummy except for one flavor...


Their Green Tea ice cream is the one I disliked the most. It's too bitter and grassy (FIC also has green tea flavor but theirs is not too bitter). Although it has that creamy texture, my tastebuds still wouldn't want it.


I was only able to take 6 scoops of ice cream and my friend had, well, just do the math if you look at the pictures. =) I could've eaten more if not for all the curry and the milk tea we had for lunch! And so, we went home heavy in our stomachs but lighter in our hearts after our long talk over Haagen-Dazs' ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment