Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chillax at Capreal Ristorante

One hot holiday afternoon, we were headed to Old Chinatown Kopitiam for some kaya toast and kopi but they were closed and will open by 6pm. So we headed to the recently opened California Berry to cool us down (will post a separate entry). After a healthy yogurt fix, my sis was still hungry so we decided to try Capreal. The owner of the restaurant is an HRM graduate from my alma mater (UST) as I discovered in a Manila Bulletin article written some 8 years ago that was posted on the resto's wall. That was cool so I was eager to try their food.

First up, we ordered the Onion soup. It was topped with a slice of bread that has melted mozzarella cheese. The bread with the cheese was yummy and it complements the soup. The onions in the soup were underdone. My sis and I prefer it be caramelized so we can taste the onion. But I couldn't taste the onion in this dish too well although they used butter which is a plus for me. My sis couldn't help regretting that we should've ordered the pumpkin soup instead (oh well, there's always next time).


We also ordered the Curry Seafood Pasta as our main merienda dish. I simply love it! Although it's on the oily side but they really have a generous amount of seafood in their pasta. Great value for the price, really.


They even have free iced tea or coffee with their pasta (from 2pm to 6pm).


And my most favorite part, dessert! Their Fudge Brownie ala mode is the best dessert I've had in weeks! The brownie was fresh from the oven and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (they use Big Scoop which is my absolute fave!) and drizzled with chocoloate syrup. The brownie was not too sweet which makes is not subject to umay. I can't believe that it has walnuts in the brownie and this is only for 70 bucks! Too sweet a deal! =D


Definitely, I need to go back and try other items or I wouldn't mind going back for their fudge brownie ala mode. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment