Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Missy Bonbon Bakeshop

The aroma of freshly baked bread, caramelized sugar, cinnamon, bacon, and assortments of jam is what Missy Bonbon is all about. But since we were a hunt for our dinner, their bread and pastries have to wait for the next morning.

What I ordered: the Missy Fish Teriyaki with kangkong on the side. The sweet teriyaki sauce glazed on the fish topped with sesame seeds pairs well with the salty taste of the adobong kangkong.


What my friends ordered: the Chicken Firenze with potatoes, string beans on the sides.


This is the mushroom soup with garlic bread.


Missy Bonbon's Waldorf salad. I must say, they don't scrimp on the meat.


On to pastas, one of us ordered the Carbonara.


And their Bolognese.


Missy Bon bon also offers a wide variety of gelato! The blueberry cheesecake was awesome but since my friend ordered the last one, I settled with their cheese gelato which is not that good, though.


I also took home a box of their best-selling ube ensaymada. This is best eaten hot or if you want cold with a cup of coffee. The ube part is halaya made as a filling inside the ensaymada. Best ensaymada I've ever tasted! We also tried some of their pastries and bread for our breakfast on our last day at Cagayan de Oro. I love their bread such as the sweet potato bread, blueberry cheesecake danish, and they even have siomai wrapped in bread! It was truly awesome. =)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! What camera do you use? Where's Missy Bonbon?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mitzi! For this, I borrowed my friend's cam (Olympus E520). But I actually own a Lumix LX5.. hehe..

    Missy Bonbon is in Cagayan de Oro. Super worth the visit! =)

    ReplyDelete