Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jellyfish este J&A Fishpen

After spending two days in Camiguin, it's time to eat crabs! But first we had so much fun touring the island. There are lots of places to visit and I think we didn't even covered half of it. The places we visited were the Katibawasan Falls, the Hot spring, cold spring, sunken cemetery, the White island and the church ruins. Famished and running out of time, we patiently waited for our food to be served at J&A Fishpen. At first, we thought the driver was telling us that we're going to a jellyfish something, a farm probably. Then we realized it was the J&A Fishpen! Duh! LOL!


And of course, what we were looking forward to this meal is the crabs! Gotta order the crab (obsessed much? hehe). Chili crab was how they cooked it and I enjoyed every bit of it especially the sipit which is my favorite part of this shelled creature. We also had shrimp which was a bit tiny. @_@


The sweet and sour Lapu lapu was great, crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.


There was also the grilled squid with its cute onion flower. Wonder how to make one of those. I know how to make roses out of tomatoes but that was it (will search for the onion flower thing on the net hehe).


We also had the clam soup. Very tasty and I was happy that it had no gritty sand in it the way clams are cooked at our home (I suspect it wasn't just cleaned properly).


I think this would be my favorite in J&A, their kilawin. Since everything is fresh, this dish is really a winner. I was able to taste the sweetness and freshness of the fish. I think I can finish this whole plate of kilawin but of course I didn't.


All of those were eaten with what else but garlic rice!


I almost forgot, among the seafoods that we had, the chicken was out of place but this chicken was also yummy! I wonder if they also have live chickens so we can also have fresh chicken.. Hmmm..


Customers can dine in one of the huts out on the water for an additional hundred bucks to get a great view while eating and relaxing in Camiguin.


Like I said, everything is fresh and the all are caught from their fishpen upon ordering. This what makes the Camiguin food tripping complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment