Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love for Ice Cream at Sebastian's

In times when yogurt and gelato are the new in-thing when it comes to cold creamy desserts, I am soooo glad that there's Sebastian's ice cream. If you're wondering (as am I) about the roots of this famous ice cream, you can read all about it here .


Today's Flavor: Fro-Ya

When I read that they're introducing their new flavor, I was excited to know that it's one of my childhood favorite, Yakult! Up until now, when my nephew buys his yakult, he'd ask to buy an extra pack for me! (he's such a sweetheart!) Because he knows it's my favorite. =) Fro-ya actually stands for frozen Yakult. It's like frozen yogurt which is froyo but it's not, really.

Sebastian's flavor board

They have dozens of flavors listed in this simple cork board. Hard to decide if you don't have a flavor in mind. Luckily, I already did.

1 scoop in a cup

I remember a time when I brought the small bottle of yakult to the office. Since it was hot outside when I travelled to work, I decided to put the yakult in the freezer to chill it for 5 minutes. But I totally forgot to drink it and an hour later, I fetched it from the freezer and left me with frozen yakult. When I tasted the Fro-ya, it tasted exactly like the frozen yakult I accidentally made but only creamier and richer in taste. This flavor is not something you need to buy at an ice cream shop because it didn't have anything special about it. Although I enjoyed it extremely.

Chilly Burger

The first time I tasted the chilly burger, I fell in love with it! I really loooove their chilly burger (can't stress that enough.. hihi). It's actually an ice cream sandwich. It has two cookies and ice cream in the middle rolled in cocoa powder, choco chips or depends on the flavor you ordered.

Gooey-goodness

At the center, it had chocolate fudge that's so rich. This is really for sweet tooths only. The cookies were chewy, it's just the right vessel for the ice cream. When you bite into it, the cookies don't fall off and disassemble itself. That's one of the coolest things about it. But beware, if the weather's too hot, you need to finish it immediately else it'll turn into one gooey mess!

Group shot!

They also serve other desserts like waffles with ice cream and pizza-like ice cream in their MOA branch. Definitely worth coming back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment